3. Well, one of the biggest unsolved Spongebob mysteries has been about Pearl’s parentage.
4. Did Mr. Krabs adopt Pearl as his whale baby? Is she his step-daughter? Is she his biological daughter? WHAT’S THE DEAL?
5. There’s a theory going around that’s about to ruin your childhood as you know it. While the origin appears to be this Reddit thread, it’s had a resurgence on Twitter this week. You ready for it?
Mr. Krabs isn’t Pearls real dad, he’s her SUGAR DADDY! Why do you think she only calls him “daddy” & all she ever wants is money to shop
— jordan sadler (@jordansadlerrr)
8. But also, HMMMMMMMM? Could it be…true? There’s no denying Mr. Krabs has plenty of cash to spare:
9. And Pearl definitely really likes both spending money and asking Mr. Krabs for it…
10. People on Twitter are very *mixed* about whether or not this theory is actually plausible. Some have pointed out that Mr. Krabs uses the word daughter on the show…
@jordansadlerrr From the episode “tutor sauce” on the spongebob wiki
— Brandon (@Veil_SSB)
11. But that might not really mean anything…
@Veil_SSB @jordansadlerrr To be fair that’s still not definitive evidence. In some sugar baby relationships they us… https://t.co/lKti9BJahm
— 🐝Norman🐝 (@Chuck_Normis)
12. Others point out that Nickelodeon doesn’t shy away from dirty jokes:
@Veil_SSB @Chuck_Normis @jordansadlerrr Spongebob has all kinds of crude jokes though it’s not like they can outrig… https://t.co/BVP8DhVNYh
— .•°• VC •°•. (@gobthoIemew)
13. But, then again, there is this *slightly* damning evidence…
@jordansadlerrr ok i hear you but…
— berry soto (@sunsetbae)